The Institute of Biomedicine and Translational Medicine at University of Tartu is inviting applications for a Senior Research Fellow.
Duties and responsibilities
- A senior research fellow directs a research theme or part thereof, a research project or research conducted under a research agreement.
- During five years, a senior research fellow must carry out research at least in the volume equivalent to that of two doctoral theses.
- The effectiveness of the work of senior research fellow is demonstrated amongst other things by their ability to secure research by additional funding.
- The duties of a senior research fellow include the supervision of students, including doctoral students.
- The primary responsibility of the senior research fellow is to plan and conduct preclinical studies.
- PhD or an equivalent qualification.
- Research experience at international level.
- Ongoing active engagement in research: internationally recognised research in the last five years at least in the volume equivalent to that of one doctoral thesis.
- The senior research fellow is expected to be successful in securing research grants and in performing the research required under those grants.
- The applicant must have long-term work experience in planning and conducting preclinical studies.
- Required language skills
- Very good knowledge of Estonian in speech and writing.
- English skills must be sufficient for communication in his or her specialty.
Application to be submitted to the UT Human Resources Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; postal address: 18 Ülikooli St,Tartu 50090 ESTONIA) following documents:
a letter of application to the Rector,
- A list of research publications (if necessary, enclosing copies or offprints of more important publications),
- A copy of a document (including its annexes) which shows the candidate to hold the required qualification (authorized translation into Estonian, English or Russian if the credential is not in one of these languages).
- A candidate can be required to submit the original or a certified copy of the document (including its annexes) showing the candidate to hold the required qualification.
- If the candidate has acquired the higher education in question abroad, he or she may be required to submit an assessment issued by the Academic Recognition Information Centre (the Estonian ENIC/NARIC) of his or her qualification in respect of the qualification requirements for the position;
|University of Tartu
|Open to all nationalities