Tata Institute for Genetics and Society (TIGS-CI) is seeking applications from outstanding candidates for the position of Senior Research Scientist (equivalent to an Assistant Professor at excellent academic institutions) to direct research in human HSC biology to model and correct genetic disorders.
About the research:
- This includes the identification and characterization of hematopoietic disorders for therapeutic application of genome and base editing, as well as contributions to regulatory and community engagement processes.
- The position is for a 5-year inaugural term and the incumbent is expected to work in Bangalore at TIGS-CI.
- Successful candidate should have a PhD or equivalent, with 5+ productive years (post PhD) of academia/clinical research/industry experience in a relevant field (e.g. Stem Cell Biology, Hematopoiesis, Blood Disorders, Genome and Base Editing).
- Individuals transitioning from academia would preferably hold, or be eligible for, the rank of Assistant Professor in an internationally reputed university or research institute.
- An outstanding track record of independence and leadership, peer-reviewed publications in high impact journals, excellent communication skills, as well as evidence of independent grant support, project implementation and successful mentoring of students would be highly encouraged.
- Applications are encouraged from both national and international scholars.
- The successful candidate will collaborate closely with researchers at TIGS-CI and TIGS-UCSD to implement the TIGS mission in a socially-conscious and ethical manner.
Apply by sending the following documents to email address: email@example.com:
- a statement of purpose explaining the salient aspects of background that are relevant to the position (two-page)
- CV with a list of peer-reviewed publications
- Names and contact details for at least 3 references
- Leadership qualifications
- Previous grant support as the principal or co-principal investigator
- A list of students mentored.
|Organization||Tata Institute for Genetics and Society (TIGS-CI)|
|Subject areas||Stem Cell Biology, Hematopoiesis, Blood Disorders, Genome|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 15, 2020|
- Total Jobs 22 Jobs
- Address India