Tata Institute for Genetics and Society (TIGS-CI) has opening for a Senior Research Scientist in Stem Cell Biology and Disease Modeling.
Specific areas of focus:
- Vector-Borne Diseases
- Rice Genetics
- Human Hematopoietic Stem Cells (HSCS) and Reversal of Antibiotic Resistance.
About the position:
- The position is equivalent to an Assistant Professor at excellent academic institutions.
- The research will be directed in human HSC biology to model and correct genetic disorders.
- This includes the identification and characterization of hematopoietic disorders for therapeutic application of genome and base editing, as well as contributions to regulatory and community engagement processes.
- The position is for a 5-year inaugural term and the incumbent is expected to work in Bangalore at TIGS-CI.
- This candidate will be personally engaged in, and supervise, a small team of less than 5 individuals, in the areas of HSC propagation and differentiation, will have a proven track-record evidenced by publications in genome editing of stem cells to generate and/or correct disease models, and possess expertise in HSC biology.
- Candidates may be from a basic research or clinical background.
- Candidate should have a PhD or equivalent with 5+ productive years (post PhD) of academia/clinical research/industry experience in a relevant field (e.g. stem cell biology, hematopoiesis, blood disorders, genome and base editing).
- Individuals transitioning from academia would preferably hold, or be eligible for, the rank of Assistant Professor in an internationally reputed university or research institute.
- Additional requirements include an outstanding track record of independence and leadership, peer-reviewed publications in high impact journals, excellent communication skills, as well as evidence of independent grant support, project implementation and successful mentoring of students.
- Applications are encouraged from both national and international scholars.
- Application to be sent with all the materials, with a clear reference to the job number to email address email@example.com
- statement of purpose explaining the salient aspects of background that are relevant to the position (two-pages)
- CV with a list of peer-reviewed publications
- Names and contact details for at least 3 references
- Leadership qualifications
- Previous grant support as the principal or co-principal investigator
- A list of students mentored
Reference number: TL-11 (applicants must list this number in their application to be considered)
|Organization||Tata Institute for Genetics and Society (TIGS-CI)|
|Subject areas||Stem Cell Biology, Hematopoiesis, Blood Disorders, Genome and Base Editing|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 15, 2020|
- Total Jobs 22 Jobs
- Address India