The Department of Structural engineering at Ghent University invites applications for several PhD and Postdoc positions in the Magnel Laboratory for Concrete Research. The research group “Concrete Technology” is headed by Prof. Geert De Schutter, full professor and ERC Advanced Grant Holder.
- For PhD: starting at the end of 2018 or in 2019 (Yearly PhD-scholarships, with yearly evaluation, up to a maximum of 4 years)
- For Postdoc: starting at the end of 2018 or in 2019 (Yearly Postdoctoral scholarship, with yearly evaluation, up to a maximum of 3 years)
- For a PhD position: applicant must hold M.Sc degree in Engineering (or equivalent level), obtained from a high level university, with excellent records
- For a postdoc position: applicant must hold PhD degree in Engineering (or equivalent level), obtained from a high level university, and of which the high quality can be reflected by high-level journal papers in international peer-reviewed journals cited in web of Science.
- Applicant must have background in Rheology, (fresh) cementitious materials, hydration of cementitious materials
- Applicant must demonstrate strong motivation, and excellent personal competences and skills to perform high-level scientific research in an international and multicultural team.
- Applicant must be able to provide at least one strong reference letter by a well-respected scholar in the field of concrete technology
How to apply:
- Prepare an application file (in English), in pdf format and send file by email to Prof. Geert De Schutter, Geert.DeSchutter@ugent.be with the following information:
- A short CV with a summary of career (personal information, nationality, date of birth, gender, picture, contact details, education, diploma, work experience, publications, awards, patents, reference persons)
- A motivation letter
- At least one strong support letter by a well-respected scholar in the field of concrete technology
- A copy of relevant diplomas
- Transcript of study records
- For PhD candidates: English abstract of master’s thesis
- For Postdoc candidates: English abstract of doctoral thesis, and the pdf of at least two peer reviewed papers in journals cited in Web of Science.
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30th September 2018|
- Name of Organisation Field Value