Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute Research Fellowship: Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute Research Fellowship.
Research Fellowships are being organized by The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute for Indian and Canadian students.
The scholarships are given to apply for research in fields in which applicants may desire research experience in India or Canada.
The aim of the fellowship is to provide an opportunity for an educational and cultural experience.
The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is a non-profit, bi-national organization with registered charity status in Canada.
The Institute by funding research and hosting seminars supports the creation of bi-national links between government, the business community, academia and civil society organizations.
Level of study: Research.
Subject Areas: Fields offered by the University.
Scholarship Amount: $ 500 per week
Numbers of Scholarships: 12 fellowships are available
Scholarship can be taken in Indian and Canadian Universities
- Applicants must have Bachelor’s degree.
- The applicant must have scored at least 55% marks.
- Applicant must have a minimum of one semester or 6 months of Masters from an Indian or Canadian University.
- The students who are in the final year or last semester need to submit proof for the internship required for that particular degree.
- Students pursuing M. Phil should have completed at least one semester of the degree/course.
- The applicant’s University/Institution must be from the member institutions of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute. List of SICI member institutions.
- The applicant should not have either another degree from a Canadian university or be enrolled in a Canadian degree program.
- A letter of affiliation from a member institution of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is a must along with an invitation from the host faculty.
- The applicant must be a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or India.
- Official Transcripts (student applicants only) to be sent directly from the university for all years of the completed study.
- The applicant should show proficiency in both oral and written English.
- The applicant should preferably be in the age group of 21-25 years.
Nationality: Indian and Canadian students can apply for these fellowships.
How to Apply: Application can be done online.
- Completed electronic application
- All the required documents should also be sent along with the application form.
- The program name should be mentioned in the subject line “Application for Shastri Research Student Fellowship (SRSF) 2017-18”.
- Incomplete and late applications will not be accepted
- Employer’s endorsement is a must for application submission in case the applicant is employed.
- The applicant thus needs to submit ‘No Objection’ from head of the department/Institution with the application.
|Organization||Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute|
|Country||India and Canada|
|Subject Areas||Fields offered by the Universities|
|Fellowship Amount||$ 500 per week|
|Eligibility||As listed above|