Silesian University of Technology (Poland): 100 PhD Fellowships
Silesian University of Technology (Poland) organizes its PhD studies within the Joint Doctoral School. The School aims to promote and implement research areas defined in the University development strategy. PhD studies prepare students to achieve a high degree of specialization and expertise in a scientific discipline.
Duration: Duration of a PhD program is 4 years with full-time enrolment.
Fellowship: Each PhD student receives a scholarship without charging for tuition.
How to apply for PhD program
The selection of PhD candidates to the Joint Doctoral School involves a competitive examination.
Selection: The Joint Doctoral School selects prospective PhD students through annual open competitions in the form of entrance examinations.
Equivalence of international qualifications
Before your application can be assessed for admission, your international qualifications must be declared equivalent to an Polish degree. If the outcome of the assessment is positive, your application will be evaluated for the admission to a PhD program. Results of this assessment will be send to you by e-mail.
- If you apply for the very first time, you must register into the University portal: create your applicant account using button „Become an applicant”.
- Sign-in providing your secret applicant code.
- Find interesting research topic and make the on-line registration procedure.
- Upload all required documents. In case of international qualifications: you will need to submit electronic/scanned copies of the original (or certified true copies) of your documentation: Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees, Bachelor’s and Master’s transcripts and any other documents such as the Diploma Supplement.
- Contact the chosen supervisor to discuss details of the PhD project and to get a statement of taking up the scientific supervision over the PhD thesis.
- Who holds a master’s degree, a master’s degree in engineering or an equivalent degree may be admitted to a doctoral school.
- A graduate of a first-cycle program or a student who has completed the third year of a uniform master’s program if:
- On the basis of the documents submitted by the candidate, the central recruitment commission determines that the candidate possesses particularly high scientific achievements in the field of a given or related discipline in which the doctoral school is run,
- Color scan of the diploma of completion of the second-degree or uniform MA studies, or a diploma referred to in art. 326 para. 2 point 2 or art. 327 para. 2 of the Act, giving the right to apply for doctorate degree in a country of issue,
- Personal questionnaire completed in the recruitment system,
- Current photograph of the candidate in accordance with the requirements applicable when issuing identity cards – in electronic form.
|Organization||Silesian University of Technology|
|Subject areas||All Disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Full Scholarship|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationals|