Applications are invited for 15 ESR positions (“Early Stage Researchers”) to be funded by the Marie-Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network “SOLAR2CHEM – European network for the training of the next generation of scientists in solar chemicals for a sustainable Europe by hybrid molecule/semiconductor devices’’ within the Horizon 2020 Programme of the European Commission.
About the PhD positions:
- Most of the ESRs will be enrolled in PhD programmes, except those employed by Johnson Matthey and the European Hydrogen Association.
- All ESRs will be exposed to academic and non-academic partners, attend workshops and summer schools, and receive training from world-leading scientists and expert organisations.
- ESRs are required to undertake trans-national mobility (i.e. move from one country to another) when taking up the appointment. At the time of selection by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- ESRs must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
- Applicant must hold master’s degree in relevant subject
Application to be mad via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with following information:
- Motivation letter a) why he/she wants to be part of SOLAR2CHEM; b) why is the candidate applying for this specific position; c) why does he/she consider itself to be suitable candidate for this position (one-page)
- A list of three achievements in life that the candidate is proud of
- A detailed CV listing education, work experience, publications, relevant other activities and coordinates of up to three referees;
- An academic transcript of B.Sc. and M.Sc. education;
- A copy of academic works such as papers or M.Sc. thesis;
- A high TOEFL (> 90 or 100) or IELTS (> 6.5 or 7) score certificate.
ESR1: First row transition metal complexes for selective epoxidation of organic substrates
ESR2: Ligand-stabilised mixed metal oxide nanocrystals for selective water oxidation
ESR3: Carbon nitride photoanodes for the selective organic transformations
ESR4: Tandem devices for efficient and selective production of chemicals from CO2
ESR5: Development of new carbon-nitrogen based Materials with an oxidation power stronger than 2V
ESR6: Graphene foam incorporating photoactive molecular complexes as photoelectrodes
ESR7: First principles investigations of materials in the SOLAR2CHEM
ESR8: Pore-level simulations of multi-physical transport in nano-structured photoelectrodes
ESR9: Reactor engineering and testing
ESR10: Dynamics of photocarrier generation, transport and catalytic reactions at interfaces
ESR11: Characterization of hybrid photocathodes with high spatial and temporal resolution
ESR12: Mechanistic insights of photocorrosion: towards the development of novel protective coatings
ESR13: Synthesis of photoelectrocatalytic nanomaterials for selective chemical transformations
ESR14: EU policy framework and impact for the implementation of a solar chemicals industry
ESR15: Characterisation and mass transport modelling of ion-selective membranes for water splitting reactors
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||As per MSCA rules|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 December 2019|