Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for International students
Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS) are awarded to candidates/students from selected countries for full-time master’s level studies in Sweden starting in Autumn semester 2018.
Institutions: Swedish Higher Education Institutions and Swedish Universities
Total Number of Scholarships: 335 scholarships will be available.
Who can Apply:
- Students from SISS-eligible countries:
Category 1: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Burkina-Faso, Cambodia, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Category 2: Brazil, Colombia, Egypt, Ghana, Indonesia, Iran and Vietnam.
Category 3: Candidates with citizenships from countries on the DAC list of ODA recipients other than the above mentioned and those countries included in other SI scholarship programs
Special Initiative: South Africa and Syria
Scholarship value/inclusions/duration: The scholarship covers
- Tuition fees,
- Living expenses of SEK 9,000 / month,
- One-time travel grant of SEK 15,000
- There are no additional grants for family members.
The scholarship covers the whole duration of the master’s program (1 or 2 academic years).
- Applicants must be from an eligible country
- Have at least 3,000 hours of experience from full-time/part-time employment, voluntary work, paid/unpaid internship, and/or position of trust.
- Applicants must display academic qualifications and leadership experience.
- Ambition to make a difference by working with issues which contribute to a just and sustainable development in their country, in a long term perspective.
The application process consists of 2 steps.
- The first step will take place between 16 October 2017 – 15 January 2018 through an online application form.
- Successful candidates will be notified by the end of January 2018 (preliminary date: 25 January 2017) and asked to submit a detailed application for the IInd step from 2-9 February 2018.
|Organization||Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines offered by the institute|
|Fellowship amount||Fellowship + Tution fee for (1 or 2 years)|
|Eligibility||Open for specific countries|