Ph.D. in Molecular catalysis, Biocatalysis, Drug delivery, Energy Materials, or Energy Devices. From time to time (subject to the arrival of new funds or departure of former coworkers), we may have an opening for a Ph.D. position in one of the following areas:
- Homogeneous catalysis and synthetic methods for small molecule synthesis or bioconjugation of proteins. An organic, organometallic, or bio-organic background is preferred.
- Bioconjugation of proteins for drug delivery. An organic, biochem, or biomaterials background is preferred.
- Artificial enzyme and biocatalysis. We seek to modify metalloenzymes for mechanistic or synthetic applications.
- We also seek to apply biocatalysis for organic synthesis according to metabolic guidelines. A bio-organic or biochem background is preferred.
- Electrocatalytic materials for energy conversion and storage. Typically nanoparticles or thin films. Reactions include water splitting (HER and OER), fuel cell reactions (HOR, ORR), CO2 reduction, and Li-ion battery reactions. A background in materials chemistry is preferred.
- Electrochemical energy devices. Construction and optimization of fuel cells, electrolyzers, and Li-ion batteries employing state of the art components as well as new materials from the lab. A background in chemical engineering is preferred.
- A Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials is generally required.
- We expect you to have high grades (A-type; >5/6) and top rankings, as well as research experience in related fields. But most important is to have a passion for research.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are recommended to provide results of the TOEFL and/or GRE tests, or other measures (s) of English proficiency.
- The initial appointment will be for one year. After one year you will have a qualifying exam. Those who pass the exam are definitely admitted to our Ph.D. program.
- The normal duration of a Ph.D. is 4 years. More information about the doctoral program can be found at epfl.ch
How to apply:
Interested candidates should include
- a curriculum vitae,
- copies of transcripts,
- names and contacts of three references,
- and a statement of motivation and career objective.
- An incomplete application will not be considered.
Due to time constraints, we will only reply to those who will be further considered for on-site interviews (paid by us, available to international applicants too). If you do not hear from me within 2 weeks of the initial application, please assume that your application is declined.
For applications and further information please contact: Prof. Xile Hu, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position requires acceptance in the Doctoral Program of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, for which you must file an application at https://www.epfl.ch/education/phd/edch-chemistry-and-chemical-engineering/.
|Organization||EPFL and the Institute of Chemical Sciences and Engineering|
|Subject||Biocatalysis, (bio) Drug delivery, Energy Materials, or Energy Devices|
|Contact person||You might contact Prof. Hu for the availability of a position or a pre-evaluation of your profile before applying to the doctoral school.
- Total Jobs 23 Jobs
- Address Switzerland