TCIS (TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences) a new initiative of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research in Hyderabad, has begun research activities since August 2012 offers postdoc and visiting positions.
The main areas of research at TCIS comprise:
- Chemical synthesis
- Structure and function of exotic molecules and materials.
- Soft, complex, non-equilibrium and responsive matter: arrested, driven and living.
- Physics of the Glass Transition and arrested states. Complex fluids, the thermodynamics and dynamics of water, silicon, silica, complex colloids and nano-particle assemblies.
- Pattern formation and phase ordering.
- Plasticity and elasticity of solids.
- Fluid dynamics, nonlinear mechanics from nano-scopic to geophysical scales.
Applications are invited from candidates interested in pursuing these areas for post-doctoral positions at TCIS. Experience in one or more of the following research areas and techniques together with a keenness to work in an association and interdisciplinary environment are highly desirable:
- Inorganic/organometallic chemistry and with an excellent knowledge of X-ray crystallography and spectroscopic techniques.
- Understanding in classical and quantum density functional theory and/or quantum chemical theoretical calculations.
- Theoretical techniques of equilibrium and non-equilibrium statistical mechanics and soft matter physics.
- Computational methods used in condensed matter physics and statistical mechanics.
- Intensive computational data analysis in a high performance computing environment.
- Fluid dynamics.
- Fundamental knowledge of cell biology.
Send email with Resume and addresses of 3 referees to the individual faculty member you are interested in working with.
The monthly stipends for Post-doctoral/Visiting Fellows are as follows:
- After submitting the thesis but result is awaited: Rs. 21,000/month
- With Doctoral degree: Rs. 22,000
- With Doctoral degree and 1 year experience: Rs. 35,000/month (deserving candidates)
- With Doctoral degree and 2 or more years’ of experience: Rs. 37,000 – 43,000/month (deserving candidates).
- Contingency grant and HRA of 30% of the stipend as per TIFR regulations.
|Organization||TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences|
|Subject areas||Life sciences, Biology|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
- Name of Organisation Field Value
- Total Jobs 23 Jobs
- Address India