The Faculty of Science and Technology at Umeå University invites applications for a tenure track position as Assistant Professor in Machine Learning. The primary focus for this position is research on advanced machine learning techniques, with focus on computational and method-oriented research and/or theory development.
- Data representation learning
- Explainability and interpretability of AI/ML systems
- Incremental learning and multi-task/transfer learning
- Interaction between AI, machines, humans and society
- Learning methods for estimating robustness, stability and reliability of AI/ML systems
- Learning with non-convexity (e.g., GANs, sequential learning, reinforcement learning)
- Statistical learning
- Applicant must have been awarded a PhD, or equivalent academic competence.
- Preference should be given to those who were awarded a PhD or attained equivalent research competence no more than five years prior to the expiry of the application period for the position as assistant professor.
- A person who has been awarded a doctoral degree or has achieved equivalent expertise at an earlier date may, however, be considered in special circumstances.
- A high level of proficiency in both spoken and written English is a requirement.
- Apply online
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||September 7, 2020|