The SN Bose National Centre for Basic Science in Kolkata, India, and TWAS has established a fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in physical sciences.
Duration of the fellowship: 6 to 12 months
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
Age limit: 45 years
Sandwich option: Not available
- The institute will provide a monthly stipend to cover living costs, food and health insurance.
- The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- Free on-campus accommodation will be provided.
- Applicant must be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the year of application.
- Applicant must be citizens of a developing country (other than India).
- Applicant must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Applicant must be regularly employed in a developing country (other than India) and hold a research assignment there.
- Applicant must hold a Doctoral degree in physics/mathematics/physical chemistry.
- Applicant must be accepted by a department of the SN Bose National Centre.
- Applicant must provide evidence of proficiency in English (if medium of education was not English)
- Applicant must provide evidence that the applicant will return to their native country on completion of the fellowship
- Applicant must be not taking up any other assignments during the period of fellowship.
- Applicant must be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- The language of instruction is English.
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from a department of the SN Bose National Centre when applying, or by the deadline at the latest.
- Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be sent as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS.
S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences & TWAS
|Subject areas||Mathematics, Physics, Physical Chemistry|
|Fellowship amount||Monthly allowance|
|Eligibility||Open for nationals of developing countries|
|Deadline||31 July 2020|
- Name of Organisation Field Value