Alma Mater Studiorum, Università di Bologna invites applications for the admission to the PhD programme in Economics, the 33rd Cycle, Academic Year 2017/2018.. Full scholarships are available for nine positions.
Number of position: 10 PhD positions are available
Number of Scholarships:
- 8 PhD positions for research projects in any field in Economics are financed by University of Bologna and by the Department of Economics.
- 1 PhD position is for participation to the European Doctorate in Law and Economics, EDLE;
- Economics: Behavioral and Experimental Economics; Industrial Organization; International Economics; Political Economy; Financial Economics; Economic Development and Growth; Labor Economics; Public and Health Economics; Econometrics; Macroeconomic and Finance; Social and Cultural Economics
- European Doctorate in Law and Economics: Law and Economics of Regulation; Economics of competition law; Economics of intellectual property law
- € 13.600,00 gross per year (12.500,00 net); paid on a monthly basis
- research funds starting from the 2nd year is paid around € 1.300 per year to all admitted students
- Applicants from any country and any age holding a Master Degree (second cycle of higher education), or expected to complete it no later than October 31st, 2017 are eligible to apply.
- Applicant must hold an Italian laurea specialistica/magistrale (3+2-year system) or an Italian university degree – pre-reform system (4 years).
- Applicants holding academic degree conferred by foreign institutions, already recognised as equivalent to an Italian degree by Italian authorities like, for instance, a MA or a MSc. These include also inter-university specific agreements of cooperation and mobility.
- Applicants with a foreign academic degree (MA or MSc) must attach to their application their degree certificate (including the list of the exams taken), accompanied by an official translation into Italian or English.
- Applications from any field are welcome.
Following materials are required:
- Copy of Valid ID or Passport
- CV in English;
- Statement of purpose (max 3000 characters) with a short description of the applicant’s academic background, his/her research interests and expected professional goals.
- 2 reference letters
- Degree transcripts of both the BA/BSc and the MA/MSc
- Proof of English proficiency (for non-native English speakers).
- Graduate record tests (taken in the last 3 years) are not compulsory but are strongly recommended. Preferably the GRE– General Test but also GMAT is admissible.
|Organization||Università di Bologna|
|Fellowship amount||€ 13.600,00 gross per year|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||27 April 2017|