The Visby Programme aims at building capacity in professionals who have the ambition to play an active role in society and to contribute to a positive development in their home countries and region.
Number of scholarships: 45
About the program:
- The programme focuses on the individual mobility of academic talents to promote professional collaboration and lasting relations between Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Sweden and Ukraine.
- The aim is to build an integrated, knowledge-based and research-intense region where environmental and social sustainability, innovation and responsibility in management are key factors in achieving sustainable economic growth and regional development.
- SEK 18,000 monthly grant for living expenses for PhD students
- SEK 21,000 monthly grant for living expenses for postdocs and senior researchers
- Travel grant of SEK 5,000
- Membership in the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL)
- Applicant must be a citizen of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia or Ukraine
- PhD students/candidates can apply for one long-term visit of 6, 9 or 12 months; PhD degree holders, preferably from 2014 or later. Postdocs can apply for one long-term visit of 6, 9 or 12 months; Senior researchers, holders of a PhD degree who do not fit into the category of postdoctoral researchers, above, can apply for one long-term visit of 6 months maximum.
- PhD students, postdoctoral and senior researchers can apply for a scholarship over several shorter visits. Maximum three research visits per year, over three years. You may apply for the total number of months as specified for each category above (minimum 6 months). Each visit must be minimum 1 month. The scholarship visit(s) must be carried out by the end of 2021.
How to apply
- Get a letter of invitation
- Prepare application
- Submit application online
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russian Federation, Ukraine|
|Deadline||December 12th, 2018|