Lichtenberg Professorships by Volkswagen Foundation for young researchers at any university in Germany: There is lack of prospects for young researchers to start out their autonomous research careers in German Universities. To overcome this The Lichtenberg Professorships were started, specially for attracting outstanding researchers and promoting to set-up innovative academic teaching and new lines of research at German universities. This fellowship grants help young professionals in generating the opportunity for independent work in their own new lines of research.
Disciplines / Subject areas
The funding offer is open to outstanding (young) researchers from all disciplines.
- As a rule, the researchers should have enough working experience abroad and have received their Ph.D. within the past 4-7 years.
- highly creative and innovative and must be outstanding team players
- work in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment
- Enthusiastic and talented students expected to excel in an intense, very hard-working environment and be willing to take on a variety of roles and responsibilities as well as learn and employ a variety of skills
- English is working language at the Institute
Application procedure / How to apply
- Application signature sheet (please print out, sign, and then scan or sign electronically)
- Cover letter
- Summary of objectives and substantiation for the overall concept and reasons for choice of university; in German and English (max. one page for each, two separate pdf files)
- Proposal (not to exceed 25 pages, 12 pt, 1.5 spacing)
- Reasons for choice of host institution
- CVs and List Publications of the applicant (just one PDF file if possible)
|Organization||The Volkswagen Foundation, Germany,|
|Fellowship Level||Professorship (07)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship||0.8 to 1.5 million euros per professorship for 5 year|
|Eligibility||Ph.D. and work experience|
|Deadline||As per call|