University of Waikato provides postgraduate research (Doctoral) Scholarships for students to pursue a doctoral degree at the University.
Scholarship Value: Up to $22,000/annum with domestic tuition fees
Study Level: Postgraduate (Research)
Subject Area: All disciplines
- Scholarship is open to New Zealand nationals, permanent residents, and overseas students.
- PhD Scholarships are open to students registering in a Doctor of Philosophy or a Doctor of Musical Arts, and in Part 2 only of a Doctor of Education or a Doctor of Juridical Science.
- Scholarship applications will only be considered once the applicant has received an Offer of Place to study for a PhD qualification at the University of Waikato.
- An applicant will generally be seeking to get their first doctoral qualification.
- A candidate already enrolled in a PhD degree at the University may apply for the scholarship. But, the preference will be given to applications from new doctoral candidates. Should an enrolled candidate be successful, the Scholarship duration may be reduced.
- Applicants must generally be intending to study full-time at the University.
- Applicants must submit an Application to Enroll to apply to study prior to, or at the same time as, applying for a Doctoral Scholarship.
- Applications for the Scholarship can be submitted at any time of the year. There are two processing deadlines:
- Round 1: normally for study starting not before 1 January in the year following application, all application documents must be received by 31 October.
- Round 2: normally for study starting not before 1st July in the year of application, all application documents must be received by 30th
- Not more than 3 years of full-time doctoral enrollment (or equivalent for part-time study).
- If the recipient submits the thesis for exam during the Scholarship period, the Scholarship will end after its full term or upon the recipient’s completion of doctoral study, whichever is the earlier date.
|Organization||University of Waikato|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Up to $22,000/annum|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1 March, 1 July, 1 October (Yearly)|
For Further Details: Click