The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) Prizes are awarded every year to individual scientists who have been working and living in a developing country for at least 10 years.
Number of prizes: 9 prizes
Value: USD 15,000 each; each prize is accompanied by a medal.
- Agricultural Sciences
- Astronomy and Space Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Social Sciences
Age limit: there is no age limit
- Applicants must be scientists who have been working and living in a developing country for at least 10 years immediately prior to their nomination.
- Applicant must demonstrate scientific research achievement of outstanding significance for the development of scientific thought; outstanding contribution to the application of science and technology to sustainable development.
- Members of TWAS and candidates for TWAS membership are not eligible for TWAS Prizes.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- TWAS is inviting nominations from all its members as well as science academies, national research councils, universities and scientific institutions in developing and developed countries.
- Nominations must be made on the nomination form and clearly explain the contribution the candidate has made to the development of the particular field of science for which the prize would be awarded.
- Nominations of women scientists and scientists from scientifically lagging countries are particularly encouraged.
- The re-nomination of a previously declined candidate shall be accepted only if it bears substantially new elements for judgment.
Inquiries and completed nomination forms should be addressed to:
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240 387
Fax: +39 040 2240 7387
|Organization||The World Academy Of Sciences|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
Agricultural Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Earth, Astronomy and Space Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Mathematics, Medical Sciences, Physics and Social Sciences
|Fellowship amount||USD 15,000|
|Eligibility||Open to scientist in developing countries|
|Deadline||15 March 2018|