The Zuckerman Postdoctoral Scholars Program appeals high-achieving postdoctoral scholars from premier universities in the United States to do research at one of seven Israeli universities. Once they complete their research, many Zuckerman postdocs are expected to accept faculty positions at top North American universities, weaving a network of academic collaboration and goodwill that will greatly benefit US-Israeli scientific cooperation.
Applications for the Applications for 2023-2024 will open in July 2022..
Participating Israeli Institute:
- Bar-Ilan University
- Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- University of Haifa
- Hebrew University
- Technion–Israel Institute of Technology
- Tel Aviv University
- Weizmann Institute
Duration: up to 02 years
Fellowship value: scholarship of 52,000 per academic year
Number of fellowships: 5 postdoctoral scholarships to each participating university
- Candidates may apply to more than one university.
- Candidates must be citizens of the United States or Canada or have a documented status that allows them to study and work in the US.
- Candidates must hold a PhD degree from a premier university, or if still studying for a Ph.D., must submit their Ph.D. thesis.
- Candidates who began their postdoctoral training at the host institution after October, or who will arrive to begin their training no later than October, may still apply for the upcoming deadline.
- Candidates must obtain consent from a potential hosting supervisor at the Israeli university/universities the candidate is applying to.
Applications to be sent by the potential hosting supervisor(s) via email in one pdf file to one or more of the participating Israeli universities with the following supporting documents:
- CV including a paragraph on demonstrated leadership qualities.
- List of at least three publications, noting the impact factor of the journals in which the papers were published.
- Short letter of intent declaring the candidate’s plans to return to the United States or Canada and compete for a university position there.
- Research proposal (maximum 3 pages).
- Letter of consent from a potential hosting supervisor at the Israeli university/universities the candidate is applying to.
- Three letters of recommendation, including a letter from the candidate’s Ph.D. supervisor. If possible, one letter should be from a university other than the one where the candidate’s Ph.D. was granted.
- Personal statement detailing the candidate’s future career plans.
|Organization||Mortimer B. Zuckerman Institute|
|Subject areas||Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics|
|Fellowship amount||$52,000 per academic year|
|Eligibility||Open to US and Canadian nationals|
|Deadline||Applications for 2023-2024 will open in July 2022.|