A few visiting academic positions are now immediately available at School of Civil Engineering, the University of Queensland and School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, RMIT University, Australia. These positions are fully funded by Australian Reserach Council (ARC). The successful applicant will join our research team to work in one of the following areas:
(1) mechanics of composite/nanocomposite structures;
(2) Multiscale simulation of nanotubes/graphene reinforced composites;
(3) Thermal buckling and post-buckling of composite structures;
(4) micro/nano mechanics
The position is for 6-12 months with non-taxable living allowance of A$2500 per month. The applicants are expected to meet the following key selection critera
- A PhD in one of the following discipline areas: Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Structural Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- Strong background in solid mechanics, composite structures, and numerical modelling techniques.
- Established track record in publishing high quality journal articles.
- Demonstrated research experience in numerical simulation and/or test of buckling and post-buckling behaviour of composite structures and functionally graded materials.
- Previous experience in molecular dynamics simulation and continuum modelling of nanostructures (nanotubes, graphene, etc.) preferred but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake successfully research within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability of time management and working to deadlines.
If you are interested, please send your CV with a full list of publications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date : Not mentioned