Canadian Institute for Advanced Research offers CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program. The program is a two-year appointment dedicated to support young investigators at a pivotal time in their careers. The selected scholar will become part of a global network of leading researchers pursuing answers to some of the most difficult challenges facing the world today.
- $100,000 CDN as research support
- 2 year appointment to a CIFAR research program
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training
- Applicants can be from anywhere in the world
- Applicant must hold a PhD or equivalent degree and be within 5 years of their first full-time academic appointment.
- Scholars’ research must align with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program.
- Successful Societies
- Institutions, Organizations & Growth
- Cosmology & Gravity
- Learning in Machines & Brains
- Bio-inspired Solar Energy
- Quantum Materials
- Genetic Networks
- Child & Brain Development
- Humans & the Microbiome
- Molecular Architecture of Life
- Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind & Consciousness
How to Apply:
- Applications to be submitted online through the application system
- Application must include 3 letters of recommendation from at least one faculty member or equivalent and preferably one non-academic leader.
- The application will require applicant to answer questions about:
- the research and how it complements the CIFAR program you would like to join
- Ideas for collaboration with fellows in the program
- Applicant’s leadership experience to date
- Applicant’s engagement with non-academic communities or interest in such engagement
|Organization||Canadian Institute for Advanced Research|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Natural and Applied Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||$100,000 CDN|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May 23, 2017|