Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) offer the Ernest Rutherford Fellowships. The fellowship will enable early career researchers with clear leadership potential to establish a strong, independent research programme.
Number of fellowships: up to 12 Ernest Rutherford Fellowships annually
Duration of funding: 5 years
- The Fellowships are open to early career researchers who do not have a permanent academic position. Candidate is not eligible if he/she currently holds a permanent academic position or the equivalent in institutions other than universities.
- If candidate secure a permanent position prior to the offer of a Fellowship, will be ineligible to hold the Fellowship.
- Applicants must have a PhD and a minimum of five years’ research experience from the start of the postgraduate programme leading to the award of a PhD and 1 September 2018 with, normally, a minimum of two years’ postdoctoral experience.
- Applications are invited from applicants of any nationality.
Research areas: STFC core Science Programme
- Astronomy Science
- Solar Science
- Planetary Science
- Particle Physics
- Particle Astrophysics
- Nuclear Physics
How to apply:
- Apply online. Along with application proforma, following must be included (pdf attachments):
- List of publications by year (no presentations).
- Letter of support (personal reference) from nominated reviewer who must not be from the host institution (maximum length of 2 sides of A4).
- Case for Support for Fellowship (maximum length of 3 sides of A4)
- Public Engagement (up to 200 words)
- Pathways to Impact (maximum length of 2 sides of A4)
- Data Management Plan (maximum length of 2 sides of A4)
|Organization||Science and Technology Facilities Council|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
Astronomy Science, Solar Science, Planetary Science, Particle Physics, Particle Astrophysics, Cosmology, Nuclear Physics
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||21 September 2017|