JJ/WBGSP: Joint Japan/World Bank scholarship and fellowship programs contribute to the World Bank Group’s mission of forging new dynamic approaches to capacity development and knowledge sharing in the developing world. Funded by the Japanese government and other member countries, the programs provide opportunities for graduate and postgraduate studies leading to master’s and doctoral degrees in development-related fields for mid-career professionals and researchers.
|Organization||Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarships Program (JJ/WBGSP)|
|Subject areas||All Discipline|
|Eligibility||open to Developing country nationals|
|Deadline||Applications are now being accepted|
About the Program
For the JJ/WBGSP scholarship you must commit to returning home to your country on graduation in order to use your enhanced knowledge and skills towards your community, country’s, or region’s development. Those receiving a scholarship are barred from working at the World Bank Group for three years following graduation from the preferred master’s program.
- Developing country national not be a dual citizen of any developed country.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree) earned before 2013.
- Less than 45 years old on the Application Deadline date.
- At least 3 years of recent development-related experience since earning a Bachelor’s degree.
- For scholarships to one of our partner master’s programs, please first apply to at least one of our partner university master’s programs. The university will send the JJ/WBGSP Secretariat a short list of eligible candidates who have been accepted by the partner program, and the JJ/WBGSP Steering Committee will award scholarships to a subset of the short-listed applicants.
- For scholarships to one of our preferred master’s programs, you need to apply to the university to be accepted into the program and also apply directly to JJ/WBGSP for the scholarship
Inquiries regarding JJWBGSP or the application process can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Further Details: Click