PhD grants in Nanotechnology (approx. 50 studentships) are available at the NanoDTC – EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
Program: MRes + PhD programme in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
Areas of research:
- Physical Sciences including Chemistry, Physics,
- Materials and Engineering.
Duration: 4-year programme
Key research areas: The research will focus on:
- Assembly of Functional Nanomaterials & Nanodevices,
- Nano Sciencethrough Engineering to Applications,
- Scalable nanomaterials and nanodevices.
- Research in the centreis aligned along four themes:
- Sustainable Nano, Energy Materials, Nano Biotechnologies and Nanoelectronics/Photonics
- Energy Materials: Batteries, Photocatalysis of H2O, Photovoltaics, Solar fuels, Supercapacitors,
- Sustainable Nano: Functional Nanomaterials, Green Processes, Efficient Nano-Assembly,
- Nano Biotechnologies: Sensing, Targeting of disease, Microfluidics, Scaffolds, Cellular Imaging,
- Nano electronics / Photonics: Spintronics, Piezoelectrics, Nanophotonics, Graphene, Organic electronics
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Post-graduate with a high degree (equivalent to a Ist classhonours (1st) or Second class honours, upper division in a relevant science or engineering discipline. International applican
- Applicants should be innovation, nanoscience and nanotechnology,
- Be motivated to work across traditional disciplinary boundaries.
- UK students and EU students resident in the UK for the past 3 years.
- Funding for exceptional EU and overseas students may also available.
Application Procedure: Applications for NanoDTC MRes + PhD programme should be made through the standard online Graduate Admission and Scholarship Application Form (GRADSAF) for Cambridge University. Please read the graduate prospectus entry for the NanoDTC and the application guide carefully before completing your application.
Quote reference KA07469 on your application and in any other correspondence about the vacancy.
Please visit the link below for more information and contact email@example.com in case of questions.
|Organization||NanoDTC – EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology|
|Deadline||June, Dec (Yearly)|
Apply for job
University of Cambridge (UK)
- Schools of Arts & Humanities,
- Humanities & Social Sciences,
- Clinical Medicine,
- Physical Sciences and
- Biological Sciences,
Interdisciplinary Research Centres
- Infectious Diseases
- Stem Cells
- Short courses
- Address United Kingdom