UBC Future Forests Fellowships: Canada: UBC Future Forests Fellowships: Canada
Future Forests Fellowships for both domestic and international students is being offered by The University of British Columbia. The course would be beginning in September 2018. The Fellowships are awarded to pursue full-time doctoral studies at UBC Forestry.
Consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world, The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching.
Level of study: PhD program
Subject areas: Fellowships are awarded in one of the following areas:
- Forest Products
- Forest Genomics
- Climate Change
- Urban Forestry
- Forest Management
- Forested Landscapes
- Salmon Ecology
- Forest Health
- Forests and Indigenous Peoples
- Forests and Human Health
Scholarship Award: $70,000 CAD annually for up to four years. The fellowship is intended to cover all expenses incurred in the preparation and conduct of research.
Scholarship can be taken in Canada
- Applicants must have previous degree.
- The interested applicants must be looking for financial support for their first doctoral degree.
- The eligibility requirements for admission to full time doctoral studies at UBC Forestry must be met.
- University does not require a GRE score.
- The minimum TOEFL internet-based score required for a Forestry graduate program application is 100, with a minimum score in each component: Reading – 23; Writing – 24; Listening – 23; Speaking – 22.
- For IELTS, a minimum overall band score of 7.0 is required, with a minimum score of 6.5 in each component of the academic (NOT general) test.
- The candidate must intend to register in the beginning of September 2018
- In order to continue to receive funding, the successful recipient of the Future Forests Fellowship must:
- Remain enrolled as a full-time student in the UBC Forestry doctoral program
- Demonstrate continued satisfactory progress documented through annual progress reports;
- The applicant must not hold any other awards from the Canadian government or the University of British Columbia at the same time as the Future Forests Fellowship
Nationality: Both domestic and international students can apply.
How to Apply: Application can be done online
- A complete PhD, MSc or MASc application file includes the following items. A completed application to the Forestry PhD program September 2018 intake is part of the documentation required for applying to the Future Forests Fellowship.
- Complete the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies online application package
- Scanned copies of official transcripts
- Three (3) References
- English Language Proficiency
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Application Deadline: November 24, 2017
|Organization||University of British Columbia|
|Fellowship Amount||$70,000 CAD annually|
|Eligibility||As listed above|
|Deadline||24th November 2017|
University of British Columbia (Canada):
Courses and Positions Offered:
- Thrust Areas / Departments
- Applied Science
- Architecture and Landscape Architecture
- Audiology and Speech Sciences,
- Business, Sauder School of
- Community and Regional Planning, Continuing Studies
- Land and Food Systems, Faculty of
- Population and Public Health, School of
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Social Work, School of
- UBC Vantage College
- Address Canada
Scholarships by Country
- India (1,094)
- Europe (784)
- United Kingdom (509)
- Germany (486)
- United States (445)
- Norway (234)
- Switzerland (227)
- Australia (220)
- Denmark (185)
- Sweden (184)
- Netherlands (157)
- Italy (143)
- Canada (95)
- France (94)
- Spain (91)
- Japan (78)
- Belgium (67)
- Finland (66)
- All Country (63)
- New Zealand (44)
- Austria (43)
- China (39)
- Singapore (38)
- Poland (35)
- Czech Republic (31)
Type of Scholarships