The Department of History at the Faculty of Historical and Cultural Studies at University of Vienna invites applications for post-doc position.
Tenure: 4 year/s; 40 hours/week
About the Job:
- The position is located in the research field of the comparative history of religions and warfare in the premodern world.
- Participation in research, teaching and administration at the Department of History.
- Applicant must hold Doctorate degree in premodern history, preferably in the field of either pre-modern Chinese History to the early Quing, pre-modern sub-saharan African History (to circa 1850), or Precolumbian Mesoamerica.
- Applicant must also be qualified in European History (as a second field).
- Applicant must possess research skills in the relevant religions of either China, Africa, or Precolumbian America
- Applicant must be able to work under pressure; willing to be part of team; work independently; high command of written and oral English.
- Applicant must have reading knowledge of the relevant languages, like Chinese, or one or several sub-Saharan language, or Nahuatl or Mayan.
- Applicant must have attested teaching-grade command of European History.
- Applicant having spoken German capabilities will have an advantage but not mandatory; experience in teaching; experience in (external) fundraising would be a plus; familiarity with university structures and processes.
Application must include the following documents:
- Letter of intent
- Scientific CV
- List of publications
- A pdf of the dissertation and of an article accepted for publication
- 3 reference letters including one from the dissertation advisor.
|Organization||University of Vienna|
|Subject areas||History, Archaeology, European history, Global history, Modern history|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th September 2017|
The University of Vienna is subdivided into 15 faculties and 4 centres. 49 directorates of studies and the Studienpräses (officer responsible for the implementation of the study law) are responsible for the organisation of courses. In the area of administration, there are 16 divisions.
15 faculties & 4 centres
- Faculty of Catholic Theology (in German)
- Faculty of Protestant Theology (in German)
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics
- Faculty of Computer Science
- Faculty of Historical and Cultural Studies (in German)
- Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies
- Faculty of Philosophy and Education
- Faculty of Psychology
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Mathematics
- Faculty of Physics
- Faculty of Chemistry
- Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy
- Faculty of Life Sciences
- Centre for Translation Studies (in German)
- Centre for Sport Science and University Sports
- Centre for Molecular Biology
- Centre for Teacher Education (in German)
- Address Austria