Vienna Doctoral School in Physics (VDS) program in Physics invites applications for various different research groups working in experimental, theoretical or computational physics!
Duration: 1+3 years
- Experimental physics
- Theoretical physics
- Computational physics
- Markus Arndt – Quantum nanophysics.
- Christoph Dellago – Computational Statistical Mechanics
- Jani Kotakoski – Disorder in Materials. More info on the open position.
- Christos Likos – Soft Matter Theory and Simulation
- Thomas Pichler – Low Dimensional Quantum Solids
- Bernadett Weinzierl – Aerosol Physics and Environmental Physics
- Paul Winkler – Aerosol Nanoparticle Formation
How to apply:
- Application to be submitted electronically via the online application system. Admission to the VDS program is a three-stage process:
- Online application
- Hearing in Vienna: Short-listed candidates will be invited to a two-day hearing in Vienna. The candidates will be asked to give short presentations and to participate in interviews with the selection committee.
- Faculty-open presentation of the research project
- Applications from students are accepted who have not yet presented the doctoral thesis project at the faculty OR who are within the first one year after the presentation at the faculty. The cut-off date is the application deadline.
- The VDS Physics opens calls for doctoral fellowships twice a year.
- The hearings usually take place in the last week of September and the last week of February.
- Pre-selected candidates will be invited to a hearing in Vienna. The VDS Physics will refund travel expenses within reason and provide accommodation.
|Organization||University of Vienna|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 July 2017|
The University of Vienna is subdivided into 15 faculties and 4 centres. 49 directorates of studies and the Studienpräses (officer responsible for the implementation of the study law) are responsible for the organisation of courses. In the area of administration, there are 16 divisions.
15 faculties & 4 centres
- Faculty of Catholic Theology (in German)
- Faculty of Protestant Theology (in German)
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics
- Faculty of Computer Science
- Faculty of Historical and Cultural Studies (in German)
- Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies
- Faculty of Philosophy and Education
- Faculty of Psychology
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Mathematics
- Faculty of Physics
- Faculty of Chemistry
- Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy
- Faculty of Life Sciences
- Centre for Translation Studies (in German)
- Centre for Sport Science and University Sports
- Centre for Molecular Biology
- Centre for Teacher Education (in German)
- Address Austria