The Department of Chemistry at Uppsala University is inviting applications for two PhD position in Chemistry towards polymer-based solid-state lithium batteries in Ångström Laboratory.
About the positions:
- The main duties of doctoral students are to devote themselves to their research studies which include participating in research projects and third cycle courses.
- The first focus area of this project is on materials and cell development, entailing the design and tailoring of polymer electrolyte materials and formulations, battery cell testing and advanced electrochemical characterization.
- The second focus area is on the development of methodologies for surface analysis of polymer electrode/lithium interfaces followed by photoelectron spectroscopy characterization of interfaces in promising anode-free battery systems.
- This involves both uses of instrumentation in-house as well as at synchrotron facilities.
- Applicant must hold degree or equivalent as above in Chemistry or Physics
- Applicant must possess very good oral and written proficiency in English.
- Student should be highly motivated, willing to ask questions and eager to learn new science and show strong perseverence in the face of challenging tasks.
Apply online and the application should include the following:
- Statement of research interest
- Certificates of exams
- Degrees and grades
- A copy of Master thesis
- Published article or relevant materials, if available
- At least two reference persons should be included.
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Physics|
|Deadline||31 July 2020|