The Technical University of Denmark (DTU Energy) is inviting applications for several postdoc positions for its new research projects. The positions are available in the Department of Energy Conversion and Storage at will be a part of the research section; “Solid State Chemistry”.
About the research:
DTU Energy have recently won support for several new research projects addressing these challenges including projects from Innovation Fund Denmark, the Independent Research Fund and from EU via the Horizon2020 program.
The different projects and positions are:
- Project “Reforge” (Funding; Innovation Fund Denmark). The project targets development of a novel more up-scalable platform of solid oxide electrolysis cells and stacks and the use of these in ammonia synthesis. The solid oxide cell technology has, due to its high efficiency, the potential to become a key technology in supplying the hydrogen (and carbon monoxide) needed for synthesizing sustainable fuels for the transport sector and important chemicals like ammonia.
- Project “Low cost IC” (Funding; Horizon2020). This project targets development of cheaper interconnect components for SOEC stacks. The “interconnects” are separator plates that separate the two gasses fed to a stack and provides electrical connection from one cell to the next. Qualifications
- A PhD degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or similar.
- The ability to work independently, to plan and carry out complicated tasks, and to be a part of a large, dynamic group.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Experience with materials synthesis and characterisation.
- Experience with one or several of below topics is further advantageous;
- Measurement of mechanical properties of materials/components
- Characterisation of electrical properties of materials
- Electrochemical characterisation
- Description and characterisation of high temperature corrosion.
Duration: 2 years
Starting date: April 1, 2020
Apply online and applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all the following materials:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and PhD diploma
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark|
|Subject areas||Engineering, Physics, Chemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||22 February 2020|