Postdoc in Organic Synthesis and Medicinal Chemistry
Postdoctoral position in organic synthesis/medicinal chemistry is available in the laboratory of Dr. Zhendong Jin in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Experimental Therapeutics at the University of Iowa (https://pharmacy.uiowa.edu/directory/person/zhendong-jin).
Research lies at the interface of chemistry and biology of medicinally important natural products to the development of the next generation of anticancer drugs against aggressive cancers lacking effective drug therapy.
- A highly motivated Ph. D. with expertise in synthetic organic chemistry especially in the field of total synthesis of natural products is sought to carry out research in target-oriented synthesis, medicinal chemistry, and drug design and development.
- An initial one-year appointment (first year salary $50,000 plus $8,100 fringe benefits) could be renewed for additional years contingent upon available funding and satisfactory performance.
How to Apply:
Send application along with the following documents:
- a cover letter, a resume,
- a research summary describing previous research experience and future career goals
- Three letters of recommendation sent directly to Dr. Jin.
- Closing Date: Until filled