CATCHY (Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions project funded by European Union) aims to create new, high-performance cluster-based catalysts for the conversion of atmospheric CO2 into added-value synthetic materials with a catalysis-by-design approach based on advances in the atomic-scale understanding, analytical and in situ / in operando tools, and computational methods while delivering a training programme.
About the project:
- Catchy is a multi-disciplinary project between state-of-the-art laboratories and industries and utilize a unique combination of very advanced cluster (deposition) sources as well as in situ characterization and (electro) catalysis testing techniques combined with quantum chemistry theoretical investigation and screening.
- It will offer a total of 14 Early Stage Research (ESR) PhD positions for 36 months in nanotechnology, physics, chemistry, computational quantum chemistry, and chemical engineering.
- The guaranteed PhD funding is for 36 months (i.e. EC funding, additional funding could be possible depending on the local Supervisor and in accordance with the regular PhD time in the country of employment).
- Eligible candidates may be of any nationality but must not, at the time of recruitment have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 last years immediately prior to the reference date.
- Candidates must be, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree. This is measured from the date when they obtained the Master degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate within Catchy.
- Each ESR will have to organise one or several secondment(s) (temporary research exchange to another Catchy partner) for a total period varying from 4 to 6 months during the duration of his/her employment.
- Each ESR is expected to participate actively in the network tasks and organization of training/network events as well as in regular yearly Outreach Activities targeting different audiences.
- Good knowledge of the English language (fluently speaking and writing) is essential
- ESR1 Production and characterization of novel CO2 hydrogenation thermo-catalysts based on bimetallic deposited clusters
- ESR8 Production and characterization of novel CO2 reduction electrocatalysts based on bimetallic deposited clusters
Teer Coatings Ltd
- ESR2 Large scale production of deposited clusters on powders and electrodes
- ESR3 Influence of oxygen content on the catalytic activity of gas phase mono-and bi-metallic clusters for green CO2 hydrogenation
- ESR4 Understanding bifunctional reaction mechanisms in CO2 hydrogenation on free clusters
- ESR7 IR-FEL based sum-frequency generation (SFG) as diagnostic for reactive adsorption
Furukawa Electric Institute of Technology
- ESR5 Theoretical modelling and computational screening of cluster reactions for CO2 electro-reduction
Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- ESR6 DFT-based theoretical modelling of the catalytic activity of deposited clusters
Paul Scherrer Institute
- ESR9 Structure-activity relationships in supported size-selected clusters under CO2 hydrogenation conditions
- ESR14 Structure-activity relationships in supported size-selected clusters under CO2 electro-reduction conditions
University of Antwerp
- ESR10 Structure, dynamics and function of nanoparticles and clusters for methanol synthesis studied by electron microscopy
Technical University of Denmark
- ESR11 Testing activity of small clusters to nanometre-sized catalysts for methanol synthesis
- ESR12 Testing activity of small cluster to nanometre-sized catalyst for electrochemical CO2 hydrogenation
- ESR13 Testing the activity of small cluster to nanometre-sized catalyst for electrochemical CO2 hydrogenation
- Apply online and provide personal details and upload (in pdf) the following:
- CV Europass type obligatory (file size must be under 5 MB) – including: the copies of university degree(s) and school certificates (if possible, with university Grade Point Average scores),
- at least two references and their contact information,
- a list of publications (if available),
- other documents to demonstrate specific experiences.
- a motivation letter(1 or 2 pages) outlining qualification for the position(s) applying for
- an ID photo
- a video resume of max. 3 min saved at www.vidyard.com (provide only the url)
|Organization||Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions|
|Subject areas||Nanotechnology, Physics, Chemistry, Computational Quantum Chemistry, and Chemical Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||As per MSCA norms|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 January 2021|