Chalmers University of Technology is offering Cosmic Origins Postdoctoral Fellowships. These postdoctoral fellowship positions are part of the Chalmers Initiative on Cosmic Origins (CICO) and will be hosted in the Galactic Astronomy unit in the Astronomy & Plasma Physics (AoP) division, within the Dept. of Space, Earth & Environment (SEE).
About the fellowships
Following fellowships are available:
- Chalmers Cosmic Origins Fellowship: One or more positions for 3 years. Relevant themes include galaxy formation & evolution, ISM, astrochemistry, star cluster formation, high- & low-mass star formation, and planet formation & evolution, from both theoretical & observational perspectives.
- Chalmers-MPIA Cosmic Origins Fellowship: One fellowship for 4 years, shared between Chalmers (2 years) and Max-Planck-Inst. for Astronomy in Heidelberg, Germany (2 years). Relevant themes include low- & high-mass star formation, physics of molecular clouds and the HI component, galaxy-scale studies of the ISM and star formation, and the connection between Galactic & extragalactic star formation studies. Involvement in space-based research is regarded as an advantage.
- Chalmers-UVA Cosmic Origins Fellowship: One fellowship (funding pending) is a 4-year position, shared between Chalmers (2 years) and Dept. of Astronomy, Univ. of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA (2 years). The relevant themes include galaxy formation & evolution, ISM, astrochemistry, star cluster formation, high- & low-mass star formation, and planet formation & evolution, from both theoretical & observational perspectives.
- Chalmers-MPE Cosmic Origins Fellowship: One fellowship (funding pending) is part of the Chalmers-MPE fellowship that is a 4-year position, shared between Chalmers (2 years) and the Center for Astrochemical Studies at the Max-Planck-Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics (MPE) (Garching, Germany) (2 years). The relevant themes include the ISM, astrochemistry, star formation, and planet formation & evolution.
Duration: limited to maximum of 3 years (2 years as a postdoc+1 year as a researcher); full-time temporary employment
Start dates: 1.1.2020 to 1.9.2020.
- Applicant must have a doctoral degree in Astronomy, Astrophysics or other relevant field.
- Applicant must possess proficiency in verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Chalmers offers Swedish courses.
Application to be sent electronically and be attached as pdf-files (Ref 20180547 and written in English) as below:
- CV, including complete list of publications
- Cover Letter, 1 page
- Statement of past and current research, max 3 pages
- Research proposal, up to 3 pages text plus up to 2 pages of references/figures
|Organization||Chalmers University of Technology|
|Subject areas||Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 December, 2020|