The Department of Materials, Textiles and Chemical Engineering at Ghent University is inviting applications for a doctoral position.
About the project:
- Marine/beach plastics will be converted in liquid energy carriers and chemicals via (catalytic) pyrolysis.
- Different reactor technologies such as a conventional fluidized and a new, disruptive reactor concept making use of rotating beds will be used.
- In the integrated approach of the problem, besides kinetic modeling and reactor engineering, focus will be given on the optimal feedstock selection to optimize individual yields of desired product(s) depending on the feed (thermosetting versus thermo-softening polymer).
- Next to the development of the reactor technologies, efforts will be made on the further catalytic upgrade of pyrolysis oil fraction, purification and separation of valuable compounds.
- Applicant must hold Master’s in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge or prior experience in analytical chemistry, organic chemical synthesis, and/or chemical engineering
- Excellent communication and organization skills Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong team player skills and enthusiasm about working self-dependently in interdisciplinary environments
How to apply:
Apply online including:
- Detailed CV listing education, work experience, publications, relevant other activities,
- Motivation letter: a) why you want to do a PhD?; b) why are you applying for this specific topic?
- A language certificate (IELTS min. 7, TOEFL internet-based min. 90 or similar level as proven by other tests), if available At least one recommendation letter (academic reference) Transcript(s) of previous academic records
|Subject areas||Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Dec 31, 2019|