The Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research (MPIZ) has an opening for a 5-year group leader position in the field of plant genetics.
About the position:
- The department of Chromosome Biology, headed by Raphael Mercier, studying meiosis and recombination, with complementary aims and approaches (molecular mechanisms of meiosis, evolution of meiosis, meiosis in crops and computational genetics).
- The selected candidate would have an outstanding track record in related fields and at least 2 years postdoctoral experience.
- The selected candidate would have demonstrated an ability to pursue an innovative and internationally competitive research programme.
- Applications are invited from individuals with an interest in subjects closely or more remotely related to the molecular biology of chromosomes, the role of recombination in evolution or the control of reproduction for plant breeding.
- The group of the successful applicant is expected to be initiated in 2020 and will be supported by a technician, a postdoc, a student and running costs from the Institute’s core budget.
- She/he is also expected to attract external funding.
Application to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org including CV, a full list of publications, names of three referees, selected articles, and a ~2-page resume of future research.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research (MPIZ)|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Plant genetics, Biology, Life Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||6th January 2020|