Human Frontier Science Program Organization (HFSPO) backs innovative basic research into fundamental biological problems. HFSPO offers 3 year postdoc fellowships to be carried out in a foreign country. The organization invites applications for its 2 international postdoctoral programs:
- Long-Term Fellowships (LTF): This fellowship is for applicants with a Ph.D. in biological sciences, who will extend their proficiency by proposing a project in the life sciences which is considerably different from their earlier Doctoral or postdoctoral work.
- Cross-Disciplinary Fellowships (CDF): This fellowship is for applicants with a Doctorate from outside the life sciences like in physics/ chemistry/ mathematics/ engineering /computer sciences, who have not worked in biological fields during their previous training.
- Applicant must not be a national from one of the supporting countries (link below) apply to work only in a research institution in one of the supporting countries.
- Applicant who is a national of one of the supporting countries can apply to work in a research institution in any country.
- Applicant must have research doctorate (Ph.D.) or a doctoral-level degree comparable to a Ph.D. with equivalent experience in basic research
- Applicant must possess the degree by the start of the fellowship. It is not required at the time of submission.
- Applicants must have at least one lead author, full-length research paper; either accepted for publication or published in an international peer-reviewed journal by 24 August 2017 in order to be eligible to apply.
- HFSP fellowships are awarded once per year and are highly competitive.
- Applications must be submitted through the HFSPO website.
- Applicants must upload up to Six pdf files of their lead author publications.
- Manuscripts of papers that are not printed or in press must not be uploaded by the applicant.
International Human Frontier Science Program Organization
|Subject areas||Life Science, Physics, Chemistry, Computer science, Mathematics, Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||August 27, 2020|
- Name of Organisation Field Value