Masters by Thesis Scholarships were initiated in 1988 by the Wellington Branch of the New Zealand Federation of University Women (Inc.) to encourage advanced university study by women.
- Scholarships are open to female students who have registered for a Master’s degree by thesis at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Criteria: the Scholarships Office may take into account not only the academic merit of the applicants but also their financial needs with regard to dependents.
Number of awards: 2 scholarships are offered every year
Scholarship value: The scholarships shall be of the value of $4,000.
Duration of award:
- The scholarship is for a period of one year and may be held alongside with any other bursary (grant) or scholarship, provided that the rules of the other awards allow this.
Deadline for applications: 31 October
How to apply:
- Applicants are required to complete all requirements that are included in the application form.
- The scholarships are granted every year by team of members selected by the Scholarships Office or based on the academic merit of the applicants and their financial requirements.
- If in any year there is no appropriate applicant no award will be announced.
- Victoria University asks the awardees to write a letter of thanks to the donor on receipt of the award and provide an end of year progress report.
|Organization||Victoria University of Wellington|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open for women candidates|
For Further Details: Click
- Name of Organisation Field Value