The Cellulose & Wood Materials Laboratory at Empa – Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology is looking for a Material Scientist. The main goal of this development work is to find energy-efficient ways to build high-performance materials that contribute to a sustainable future.
About the position:
- The selected candidate will work as a technical/scientific employee for an Innosuisse project.
- The project with the industrial partner Dätwyler Switzerland Inc. focuses on the development of an industrial process for the production of sustainable fillers from chemically modified cellulose, which are to be used for elastomer compounds and products.
- the development of processes for the chemical functionalization of cellulose materials on a laboratory and pilot scale
- detailed characterization of functionalized cellulose materials and elastomer compounds using scientific methods and standards
- cooperation with our project partner Dätwyler Switzerland Inc.
- writing reports, publications and presentations about the results for our project partner, scientific journals and international conferences
- A university degree in the fields of Materials Science, Materials Technology, Process Engineering or Chemistry
- Detailed knowledge in the field of chemical synthesis and functionalization of cellulose materials
- Detailed knowledge in practical laboratory work, operation of machines and process development
- An interest in working together in an interdisciplinary project team
- Good knowledge of German and English, which are prerequisites
Duration: Limited to two years
- Apply online and application must include:
- A letter of motivation
- Diplomas with transcripts
- Contact details of two referees
|Organization||Empa – Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology|
Materials Science, Materials Technology, Process Engineering, Chemistry
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|