Materials Science Research Scientist Canada
You will need strong interpersonal skills (Strong communication skills) as you will liaise with various departments throughout the organization. Strong verbal and written skills are also important as you will need to communicate your research to internal stakeholders through various mediums (emails, reports, presentations, etc.)
Please read on for an understanding of what you will do as a Research Scientist at CBN.
You will be responsible for:
- Use chromatography, spectroscopy, microscopy, and physical and chemical separation techniques to analyze the properties of new materials and determine their applicability and effects on final product quality.
- Trouble-shoot existing problems with current materials and formulations. Improve existing test procedures and research, develop and implement new test methodologies for materials research.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary (R&D, Marketing, Design, Manufacturing) teams tasked with driving the CBN innovation agenda and developing new security features and devices.
- Pro-actively maintain a high level of awareness with regards to scientific and technological advances related to secure document production and provide input in the development process of new ideas and concepts that lead to solutions to customer problems.
- Contribute to and lead (small) R&D projects in accordance with our product and manufacturing development process.
- Stay current with and work in accordance with ISO standards (18,001 – 14,001 – 9,001), good laboratory practices (GLP) and the mandates associated with working in a secure environment.
- Build an understanding of the secure document manufacturing process and develop technology and procedures that will improve manufacturing quality control.
- a degree in the physical sciences (physics, chemistry, optics).
- Previous experience in a R&D environment with hands-on practical laboratory experience is essential.
- Familiarity with FTIR, SEMs and video spectral equipment is beneficial. Exposure to business process management and/or print technologies will be considered a strong asset.
- Address canada