McMaster University and the McMaster Institute for Research on Aging (MIRA), invites applications for the MIRA post-doctoral Fellowship in the field of aging research. The research projects supported by these Fellowships should aim to generate evidence that contributes to the well-being of older adults.
Duration: 01 – 03 year
Award value: $50,000 salary + up to $15,000 per recipient to be used for research expenses and professional development. The proposed supervisor is expected to contribute at least $10,000 to fund the benefits of the Fellow.
- The impact of exercise on mobility.
- The interrelationship between psychological function and social function.
- Causes and consequences of multimorbidity, frailty, and polypharmacy.
- The role of caregiving, equity, economics and transportation in optimal aging.
- The understanding of the biological mechanisms of diseases of aging.
- Evaluating approaches to knowledge translation to improve optimal aging.
- The use of technology to promote optimal aging and aging in place.
- The applicant and principal supervisor are expected to involve at least two other researchers from two different Faculties (outside of the principal supervisor’s Faculty) as mentors in the development of an interdisciplinary research plan.
- The proposal should clearly indicate how the supervisor and two mentors will contribute to the development and execution of the interdisciplinary project, and how this interdisciplinary approach will bring value to the study.
- Applicant who is Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international candidates are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have successfully completed their PhD degree requirements before the start of the Fellowship.
- Applicant must be eligible to start a postdoctoral position.
- Applicant must submit a *pdf copy of their complete application to email@example.com
|Subject areas||Aging Research|
|Fellowship amount||$50,000 salary + up to $15,000|
|Eligibility||Open to Canadian nationals and Internationals applicants|
- Name of Organisation Field Value