PhD position: Improving reservoir souring treatments for chalk formations
Multisicipline PhD position is available at Danish Hydrocarbon Research and Technology Centre, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), in the area of numerical modelling of biological processes in the subsurface.
The doctoral fellow will develop numerical models for coupled proccesses in chalk formations. Candidate will investigate the interaction among different hydraulic, chemical and biological processes controlling the flow dynamic in the reservoirs.
The PhD position will be an integrated part of the Scale & Corrosion programme with the focus on improving well integrity.
The PhD project involves field studies also.
- M.Sc. degree in engineering or other relevant areas;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment as an independent researcher;
- A good knowledge of geomicrobiology and applied mathematic is very valuable.
- Excellent Knowledge of the fundamentals of multiphase flow and transport in porous media;
- Good writing and communication skills in English;
- Previous experience with devloping numerical codes for reactive transport models is highly advantageous.
The PhD scholarship for the PhD degree is subject to academic approval, and the applicant will be enrolled in one of the general degree programmes at DTU.
For further information about our enrollment requirements please see the DTU PhD Guide.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
- The period of employment is 3 years.
- You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
- Further information may be obtained from Dr. Hamid Nick, email@example.com
- You can read about the scientific basis for the centre’s activities here: oilgas.dtu.dk/english/Research
How to Apply:
- Please submit your online application no later than December 12, 2018.
- To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English. The file must include:
- Application stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project.
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement and names and addresses of three references
- All interested applicants irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
- Authorized copies of BSc and MSc degree diplomas, and transcript of grades (an official translation into English). Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here )
- Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their master’s degree, but cannot begin before having received it.