The Faculty of Science at Radboud University is inviting applications for a PhD position. The goal of this PhD project is to investigate atomic-scale magnetic and charge order in different quantum phases of novel 2D materials.
About the position:
- The selected candidate will investigate the atomic-scale geometric structure together with local charge and magnetic order in novel 2D magnetic materials.
- The selected candidate will use the worldwide unique combination of SP-STM and magnetic exchange force microscopy (called SPEX) that our department has recently developed.
- The selected candidate will work within cutting-edge UHV-based cryogenic SPM facilities and join a young and innovative team of experienced researchers and technicians.
- The contract term is four years.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Physics, as well as a properly written thesis on an experimental topic. Priority will be given to applicants with SPM, cryogenic, and/or UHV experience.
- Applicant must have high proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Applicants are expected to carry out experiments, both independently and in a team and expected to learn to communicate your results by writing manuscripts and giving presentations at international conferences.
Apply online and application should include the following attachments (all in PDF format):
- Motivation letter stating why he/she would like to join the team (One-page)
- Minimum of two academic references.
- Certificates, e.g. Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree.
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 March 2020|