- The central topic of the PhD’s research is the catalytic versatility of beta-glucosidases and glycolites (glycosylated metabolites).
- Attention is focused to the transglucosylation by glycosidase that generates novel metabolites.
- The role of glycolites in manifestation of symptoms during acquired and inherited disturbance of glycolipid metabolism is in investigated
- By close combination of biochemistry and organic chemistry, novel tools are designed and applied to identify and quantify glycolites.
- The Faculty of Science is a world-class faculty where staff and students work together in a dynamic international environment.
- It is a faculty where personal and academic development is top priorities.
- Our people are committed to expand fundamental knowledge by curiosity and to look beyond the borders of their own discipline; their aim is to benefit science, and to make a contribution to addressing the major societal challenges of the future
- After a positive evaluation of the progress of the thesis, personal capabilities and compatibility, the appointment will be extended by a further three years.
- The Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave.
- All our PhD students are embedded in the Leiden University Graduate School of Science.
- Our graduate school offers several PhD training courses at three levels: professional courses, skills training and personal effectiveness.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or Life Sciences;
- Excellent proficiency in English;
- Strong knowledge and skills in biochemistry, organic chemistry and molecular biology;
- Keen interest in carrying out research with creative ideas and be able to work independently;
- PhD research needs to start ultimately October 2
HOW CAN APPLY
To apply for this vacancy, please send no later than 15 August an email to the secretary of the Medical Biochemistry group, Astrid Vrieling, email email@example.com.Please ensure that you quote the vacancy number and include the following additional documents in your application:
|Organization||University of Leiden|
|Type of poisition||PhD Poisition|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences|
|Deadline||August 15, 2020|