The Department of Physics in the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has an available PhD position in Material Physics. The position is financed by the project In-situ studies of highly conductive bonded interfaces between aluminum and copper at the nanoscale (IN-SANE) which is a researcher project supported by the Norwegian Research Council through the Nano2021 program.
Duties and responsibilities:
- This PhD position is within the field of experimental materials physics, Al/Cu micro-joining inside the FIB and advanced characterization (SEM and TEM).
- The PhD will collect samples of the bonded interfaces by FIB for sub-nanoscale characterization of the bond formation in TEM at every stage of the process and monitor the process at high resolution.
- Applicant must hold a master’s degree or second degree (equivalent to 120 credits) with a strong academic background in Physics, Materials Science or a closely related field, or equivalent education with a grade of B or better in terms of NTNU’s grading scale.
- Candidates with a PhD degree will not be considered for the position.
- Applicant must have a good experimental background and experience in materials characterization.
- Applicants with prior experience in electron microscopy, and TEM in particular, will be strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and practical experience with the relevant data handling and analysis, as well as experience with relevant sample preparation techniques for electron microscopy are also desirable.
- The position requires spoken and written fluency in the English language.
- Applicants from non-English-speaking countries outside Europe must document English skills by an approved test. Approved tests are TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).
- Apply online with CV, diplomas and certificates.
- Applicants invited for interview must include certified copies of transcripts and reference letters.
- Please refer to the application number 20/2767 when applying.
|Organization||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|Subject areas||Physics, Materials Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||01 March 2020|
- Total Jobs 5 Jobs
- Address Norway