Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Predoctoral (PhD) researcher to investigate the pathophysiology of Tuberculosis in order to decipher the host-pathogens interactions during the infectious process in the group led by Loris Rizzello and Giuseppe Battaglia (IBEC).
About the position:
- The successful PhD candidate will be employed at the IBEC in Barcelona under Spanish law.
- The PhD student is expected to carry out his/her multidisciplinary research project through the combination of experimental work, theoretical and computational efforts.
- The candidate should be self-motivated and ambitious candidates keen to work at the interface between Biology, (bio)Physics, Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science.
- The aim of the project is to study and characterize the mechanical cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions within biological tissues that undergo morphogenetic processes associated with tuberculosis pathophysiology.
- The PhD student will generate new computational algorithms and combine advanced computational modelling with results proceeding from advanced image-analysis methods and experimental techniques for cellular force inference.
- Applicant must hold degree and Master’s on any field on Physical Sciences or Engineering (including Biophysics, Natural Sciences (with Physics), Material Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physical Engineering or Bioengineering.
- Programming skills (e.g. Matlab, ImageJ, Python or similar).
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (biological physics, soft matter physics, physical biology, pathophysiology, cell culture skills)
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Proactivity, Commitment, Collegiality, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
How to apply:
|Organization||Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC)|
Physical Sciences, Engineering, Biophysics, Natural Sciences, Physics, Material Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physical Engineering, Bioengineering
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||January 31st, 2021|