The Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Center for Energy Resources Engineering (CERE) at Technical University of Denmark (DTU) invites applicants for a PhD position on Water structure and Properties.
- This project will have much research freedom, while it is expected to have a significant synergy with several sub-projects of the ERC Advanced Grant project “New Paradigm in Electrolyte Thermodynamics”.
- The project may cover the following aspects: (1) Extensive literature review on simulations of water structure and its properties. (2) Hydrogen-bonding of water, including a methodology to define the formation and interactions of a hydrogen bond in water simulations. (3) Molecular simulations of water structure and properties under different conditions.
- Candidates should have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
- Experience in molecular simulations, statistical mechanics and programming is essential.
Submit application online and applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing the following materials:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
- Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their master’s degree but cannot begin before having received it.
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark (DTU)|
|Subject areas||Chemical and Biochemical Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||8 December 2019|