Technical University of Denmark (DTU) invites applications for a 3-year PhD fellowship on metabolic engineering and synthetic biology. The project will be carried out at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability
Start date: 1st September 2017
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in engineering/biology/biotechnology or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the Master’s degree.
- Applicant must have strong knowledge of molecular biology techniques, genetics, bioinformatics and biochemistry is required.
- Applicant must have ability to work independently, to plan and carry out complicated research tasks, and also to be a part of the large research team
- Applicant must demonstrate team spirit and excellent collaboration skills
- Applicant must be proficient with sterile microbiology work and molecular biology techniques (PCR, cloning, DNA sequence analysis, agarose gel electrophoresis, transformation, cultivations)
- Applicant must possess computer proficiency, including a working knowledge of DNA analysis software
- Applicant must possess excellent communication skills, fluency in English (written and oral)
- Applicant with previous experience with yeast genetic engineering would have advantage.
- Applications to be submitted as one PDF file containing the following materials:
- Letter of motivation (cover letter)
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark|
|Subject areas||Engineering, Biology, Biotechnology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 July 2017|