Department for Biotechnology and Biomedicine (DTU Bioengineering) at Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a PhD position in Marine Bacterial Biotechnology.
- Microbial ecology and physiology
- Industrial biotechnology
- Biomedicine and Health
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Enhancing antibiotic discover by induction of silent gene clusters in marine bacteria.
- Study how natural substrates and bioactive elicitors affect the production of bioactive compounds in marine bacteria
- Selected candidate will have solid background in bacteriology and with experience in molecular bacteriology, bacterial ecophysiology and classical bacteriology.
- Applicants must hold master’s degree in engineering or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in engineering.
- Applicants with previous experience with marine bacteria, secondary metabolites, bioactivity measurements and cloning and expression in heterologous hosts will be preferred.
Salary: is in accordance with the current rules for PhD degree students
Duration: 3 years
Location: DTU campus at Lyngby
- Submit online application. Applications to be submitted as a pdf file containing the following materials:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma (an official translation into English)
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark (DTU)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 July 2017|