ICFO-The Institute of Photonic Sciences is inviting applications for a postdoctoral position to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment.
About the position:
- The successful candidate will be joining Atomic Quantum Optics group led by Prof. Dr. Morgan Mitchell.
- The experiment aims to study for the first time fundamental light-matter interaction processes at the single-particle level.
- The postdoctoral researcher will lead this activity, building upon a running system that is currently capable of trapping and detecting single rubidium atoms and generation of single-photons and entangled pairs tunable anywhere within the rubidium D1 line.
- Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized PhD equivalent degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future) preferably in experimental atomic physics, quantum optics, or related fields.
- The candidate should have a proven track record of ability to lead a small team of PhD and Master’s students, coordinate interactions with theory collaborators.
Duration: The contract is offered for periods of one year, renewable
Apply online and submit the following:
- Presentation letter with a declaration of interest,
- CV including contact details,
- Scanned copies of the complete (Bachelor and Master equivalent) official academic transcripts in English or Spanish,
- The contact e-mail of two potential referees.
|ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences
|Experimental Atomic Physics, Quantum Optics
|Open to all nationalities
|31st January, 2020