The Langhammer group at the Chemical Physics Division at the Department of Physics at Chalmers University of Technology is inviting applications for a Postdoc position in Single Particle Catalysis.
About the project:
- The first focus of this project is the operation and further tuning of a unique new experimental setup that we have built, which unites plasmonic nanospectrocopy with mass spectrometry from nanofluidic reactors, to enable beyond-state-of-the-art operando characterization of catalytic processes on individual nanoparticles with well-defined and characterized size, shape and chemical composition.
- The second focus of this project is the application of a recently patented optical spectroscopy method to investigate structure-function correlations of nobel metal catalyst nanoparticles.
- design experiments and nanoreactors
- nanofabricate the designed nanoreactors
- implement the use of optical nanospectroscopy for the ananlysis of single particle catalyst activity
- execute experiments to derive single particle structure – function correlations during catalytic reactions
- develop and implement software solutions for the efficient real time collection and post-experiment analysis of large data sets obtained during your experiments
- evaluate and summarize your data and share them with our cross-diciplinary research team
- Applicant must hold PhD in Physics with focus on chemical physics or nanomaterials physics. The PhD degree must not be older than 2 years.
- Significant experience with advanced nanofabrication, including electron beam lithography.
- Experience with a model-system type of catalysis research, and/or nanoplasmonics and/or nanofluidics are considered a merit.
- Experience with electrodynamics simulations (e.g. FDTD) are considered a merit.
- The position also requires excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
How to apply:
|Organization||Chalmers University of Technology|
|Subject areas||Physics, Nanomaterial|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||10 October 2020|