The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) is offering a postdoctoral position to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic young scientist wishing to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment.
About the position:
- This position will be dedicated to the research lines developed within the Joint Lab ICFO-SJD.
- This is the framework of a joint effort between ICFO and Institut de Recerca Sant Joan de Déu aimed at improving neonatal and paediatric healthcare by exploiting the latest developments in Physics and Biomedicine.
- The successful candidate will be joining the Medical Optics group led by Prof. Dr.Turgut Durduran. The group is collaborating with Hospital Sant Joan de Déu.
- The successful candidate will be leading the ICFO-leg of the study and be part of a team that involves physicists, engineers, clinicians and biologists.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for data acquisition, interpretation and publications.
- Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized PhD equivalent degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future) preferably in bio-engineering, electrical engineering, physics.
- Previous experience in near-infrared diffuse optical methods; experience in medical instrumentation; neuro-monitoring with EEG, fNIRS/fDCS or similar methods.
- Positively valued will be experience in Biostatistical methods; diffuse optical modelling; neonatal research and / or numerical computing.
Apply online and candidates are requested to submit:
- Presentation letter with a declaration of interest,
- Curriculum Vitae, including contact details,
- The contact e-mail of three potential referees
|Organization||The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO)|
|Subject areas||Bio-Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Until position is filled|