The Dynamic Polymers group within the Laboratory of Organic Chemistry at Wageningen University & Research is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to work on a project that is aimed at developing polymer foam-based (meta)materials that can be used as efficient sound-adsorbing materials.
About the project:
- This project, which was started in 2018 as part of the Top Sector Chemistry Student Competition and which was ultimately the winning project, is now aiming at a more systematic study how foam-like polymer materials containing beads can be prepared, characterized and applied as sound-adsorbing materials.
- Based on the principle of local resonances and viscous dampening, such ‘metafoams’ are capable of dampening both high and low frequency sound.
- For the tasks it is expected that candidate must have experience in polymer synthesis and/or engineering, polymer characterization and/or organic chemistry.
- Applicant must hold a PhD degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, preferably with experience in polymer synthesis and characterization;
- Applicant must demonstrate a track record of earlier work experience in the form of papers in peer-reviewed international journals in English;
- Applicant must be highly motivated to develop both science and self
- Applicant must possess excellent communication skills in oral and written English.
- Applicant must be creative and innovative.
- Apply online
|Organization||Wageningen University & Research|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Chemical Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||29 February 2020|